Kean Counseling Alumni Unite!
WHO WE ARE
Kean Counseling Alumni Unite was founded by a group of Kean 2016 graduates from the Counseling Education Department. As graduates of the program, the founding members were able to identify areas in which current and future students could benefit through additional guidance and support. These areas include providing mentor-ship, access to pricier trainings and conferences, and the ability to purchase or rent every required book during the program. These identified areas of professional development support expands, increases, and strengthens counselor identity, competency, and the framework through which they work with clients.
WHAT WE WANT TO DO
Donations made will go towards scholarships for current counseling students to assist in the cost to attend conferences, workshops and trainings, and required books for counseling program courses. The following scholarships will be offered to current students:
1. Conferences- Two $1000 scholarships to attend the profession's largest conference, the American Counseling Association (ACA) conference held in San Francisco, CA, in March 2017
· All conference attendees will be required to participate in a 'post conference workshop' where they will present material learned to their fellow counselors in training.
2. Trainings- Five $400 scholarships to attend their training of choice. These include advanced certifications in EMDR, CBT, REBT, Psychodrama, etc., or shorter ones such as single day workshops.
- All training attendees will be required to participate in a 'post conference workshop' where they will present material learned to their fellow counselors in training.
3. Books- Ten $100 scholarships to buy required textbooks for classes.
- Books will be required to be purchased at the Kean University Official Bookstore so that scholarship money will be funneled back into the Kean community.